Aggressive Defense Against Government Injustice
Jodie Drees Ganote
Attorney at Law
Law is second career for me. Prior to attending law school, I worked for over 10 years directing a large call-center facility for AT&T. I managed over eight supervisors and 120 associates to run a multimillion-dollar department.
I used this business savvy to build my own criminal defense law practice in both the states of Ohio and Kentucky. I’m also qualified to litigate in the United States District Court for the Southern District of Ohio and was sworn into the United States Supreme Court in Washington DC.
I can be found in courtrooms anywhere in Ohio or Kentucky litigating charges as serious as manslaughter, rape, felonious assault, robbery, drugs, and weapon charges to name a few. In the municipal and district courts, I frequently handle OVI/DUI, theft, domestic violence, assault, and every traffic charge under the code.
I built my practice from the ground up. My passion to help those charged with criminal allegations stemmed from an instinct to help the underdog. I get so incredibly sick of people asking me how I can be a criminal defensive attorney. Why not? People deserve an ardent advocate.
I have zero concern about ever taking a defensible case to trial. It’s my job to tell the jury (sometimes the judge) why the government got it wrong. Telling the jury my client’s story of innocence starts by listening to my client. I focus my practice on my number one priority, building a relationship with my client by asking a lot of questions and attentively listening to all their answers.
My favorite two words: NOT GUILTY!
I am blessed to be the mother of a fabulous teenaged daughter who gets her red hair from her father’s side and won’t be allowed to drive until she’s 21. Fortunately, I am also blessed with a spectacular husband who will keep her in line when she tries to take the car keys one day!
“I’m ready to meet you where you
are and fight for what you need.”
Awards & Honors
- National Academy of Criminal Defense Attorneys: 2018 Nationally Ranked Top 10 Under 40 Attorney Award, for Excellence in The Field of Criminal Law
- Avvo: 10.0 Superb” Rating Which Is only Given to Attorneys with A Demonstrated Track Record of Success and High Levels of Expertise in Their Fields.
- Expertise.Com: Identified as One of The Best Criminal Defense Attorneys in Cincinnati
- National Highway Traffic Administration & the Standard Field Sobriety Test: Certification
- National Criminal Defense College: Trial Practice Institute Certification
- Cincinnati Lawyers’ Club: Present Vice President
- Cincinnati Bar Assocation: Prior Trustee on The Board
- Cincinnati Bar Assocation, Women Lawyers’ Section: Prior Chair
Ohio State Court
Kentucky Commonwealth Court
Southern District of Ohio Federal Court
United States Supreme Court
- J.D. – Northern Kentucky University-Salmon P. Chase College of Law – 2007
- M.Ed. – Xavier University – 1994
- B.S. – Northern Kentucky University – 1992
- B.A. – University of Kentucky